GROW A SMALL SPACE MEADOW
5 reasons to grow a meadow in a small spot
1. Wildflowers love that scratchy bit of space you can’t grow anything else in. Scatter the seed directly on to the soil, water and forget
2. Honeybees, bumblebees, butterflies, hoverflies, lacewings, ladybirds. And lots of them
3. Picking bunches of poppies, cornflowers and cowslips and putting them inside on the table
4. It’s a tiny slice of nature, even in a city
5. Wildflowers aren’t very picky. They’re happy in a pot (and with leftover compost too).
Choose organic seed. We love Really Wild Flowers seeds. Sprinkle it on the soil, in a gap, or on compost in a pot. Scuffle the top about a bit, water and go.
Guerrilla gardening in your own backyard. Gorgeous.